I have noticed that, in a 5 day week, I will usually have:
(2) days that I feel really good about the direction of my projects
(1) day where my self-confidence is low and I question if I can really make it happen
(2) days of even-keel progress with maybe a few 15 min up and down swings
Overall, the situation is just about the same on any of these 5 days. But my perception isn't.
What can I learn from this?
1. Don't get too high, don't get too low. It is never as bad (or as good) as it seems.
2. Reread some of the best stoic philosophers -- stoicism is a great tool for building mental toughness.
3. When in doubt, get back to the basics
4. Recovery time is necessary. If my projects are "in motion", maybe walking/reading time is the best move. Never underestimate recovery time.
5. Use freedom to block off the internet. Web cleansing fasts.